The Complete Works Alternative Provision Schools are looking for new teachers and leaders to join the team.
Application form download: Tutor-application-form-2014
TCW is a charity that uses creative approaches to engage disaffected young people who are unable to access mainstream education; many of whom have Special Educational Needs, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, mental/physical health problems or disabilities.
We are looking for full-time staff to join our alternative provision campuses. This involves working in teams to deliver education to small groups of up to 10 in a class in East (E1) and South (SE16) London. While we approach all our work in a creative way, an ability to deliver at least one academic subject is essential.
If you are energetic, creative and organised, and serious about making a difference to the education of vulnerable young people, this could be the job for you.
- Able to work well with vulnerable young people
- Good knowledge of the National Curriculum and National Curriculum level descriptors
- Ability to teach GCSE level English/Maths/Science/Media
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to think of creative ways to engage young people
- Able to represent the Company effectively
- A genuine interest in education and the arts
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to write reports to a high standard
- A flexible approach to work
- Reliable and organised
- Experience of working with children with SEN
- Academic teaching experience
Pay depends on role and length of day, but starts from £99/day up to £25,000 per annum.
To apply please send a completed application form to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted. Please note you must hold a current DBS (CRB) check in order to apply.