New Teacher Recruitment Bonus Scheme – WE ARE HIRING!
We are offering a special bonus for teachers applying to join us before the end of January 2022.
Use the referral code on the advert you have seen and if you are successful in joining us after 3 months of working with us you will receive an extra £100. In addition to this if you are available to work with our students in the South of London (Southwark and Lewisham) and you work with us until the end of the academic year then you will receive an extra £400! (Please see the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page).
One-to-one Teachers/Tutors – Creative and meaningful work, flexible hours, great pay. No QTS required.
Click here to download the Job Description.
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people?
Would you like to have the freedom to teach creatively?
If so, join our team of one to one teachers: work flexible hours, challenge yourself and connect with your community – all the while supported and mentored by our team of education experts.
You will be working with young people who don’t fit the mainstream education mould, helping them achieve a future they never thought possible.
Who we are
We are an alternative school and education charity with a 20-year track record, built on an ethos of creative and individualised learning. Students come to us when they need a new approach. The education we provide is tailor-made for each child, based on their needs and interests. Teachers have the freedom to adapt the curriculum, using creativity to bring lessons alive.
We are looking for teachers to work on a one to one basis with young people throughout London, teaching in students’ homes and in our Learning Hubs. Our students are typically not suited to mainstream education due to SEN, medical needs, or SEMH. The work is varied, challenging, incredibly rewarding. You will be supported by our office education team, including a QTS teacher who will act as your mentor and well as safeguarding, wellbeing and interventions staff. The goal is to help your student(s) learn creatively, grow socially and achieve academically.
What we offer:
- – Creative and flexible working
- – Regular Goldsmith University accredited training to help you grow as a teacher
- – Support from a team of experts
- – A friendly team of teachers to share in your journey
- – Personal wellbeing support from a trained counsellor
- – Access to hundreds of company discounts through Perkbox
- – A choice of full time or part time work
You will need:
- – The legal right to work in the UK
- – Enhanced DBS Certificate, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable)
- – Two professional reference checks
- – Experience working with young people, ideally with SEN or SEMH.
- – The ability to teach up to KS3 or KS4 level, with support.
- – A good level of literacy and numeracy.
You will start at a rate of £48.66 (per 3 hr session), going up to £55.65 on passing your 5-week induction.
One off induction day – 10.00am – 4.00pm
Five Tuesday afternoon induction training sessions- 4.30 – 6.00pm
Ongoing professional development on Thursday afternoons – 4.30 – 6.00pm
Weekly training is paid at £18.24 (1.5 hr session). You will be teaching and training simultaneously.
We believe our students deserve a broad range of role models, reflecting the diversity of our society. Therefore we welcome applications from those of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations and those with disabilities or neurodiverse conditions. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
If you would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Bonus Terms and Conditions:
1) To qualify new teachers must have applied before the 4th January 2022 and started teaching before the 31st January 2022
2) After the third month has been completed, the £100 introduction fee will be added to your monthly pay.
3) The additional £400 bonus is available to teachers that:
– Are available to work in South London (Lewisham or Southwark)
– And teach for us for at least 15 hours a week on average
– And continue to teach for TCW until the end of the academic year (22/7/22)
4) This offer is not available to any previous TCW employees returning to work for us.
6) Quote the referral code from the job advert at the point of application
7) All introduction fees will be subject to statutory deductions (tax, etc)