Location: TCW Head Office, Brick Lane E1
Salary: £17,500 (full-time)
To apply please send a completed Application Form to email@example.com.
TCW are looking for an organised, reliable and personable individual to join our friendly office team.
We are a registered charity and independent school specialising in creative education – our ethos is “Learning creatively, achieving academically”.
This role specialises in coordinating 1-1 tuition and the recruitment of new tutors. As an alternative provision, we receive regular referrals from local authorities for young people who are unable to attend mainstream school. We carefully match students to suitable tutors according to the needs of the young person and the skills of the tutor. As we receive a high number of referrals, our network of hand-picked tutors is steadily growing – the desired candidate will be involved in liaising with families, local authorities and tutors, but will also have a flair for recruitment and an eye for an inspiring educator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Setting up tuition – read referrals and work with education manager to assign appropriate tutors to students
- Liaise with families and tutors regularly to monitor tuition
- Create strong knowledge of student profiles and alert education manager and attendance officer to any concerns and regularly feedback to manager about tuition progress
- Monitor daily and monthly reports
- Advise tutors on programmes of study, giving suggestions of effective lesson planning where possible
- Liaise regularly with local authorities and referrers
- Attend tutor training and be on hand to offer advice at these sessions
- Monitor and log training attendance records
- Contribute to the effective running of the department and the Company as a whole
- Any other AdHoc duties requested to carried out by management
- Check application emails daily and screen applications thoroughly
- Post job adverts online and on our website
- Reply to all recruitment and personnel queries
- Collect personnel documents from tutors and be responsible for maintaining all personnel systems – including chasing references, logging information on internal databases, maintaining hard-copy files, etc.
- Ensure that our schools’ Single Central Register is up to date at all times
- Ensure tutors are emailed when DBS checks are up for renewal
- Assist in booking and delivering Tutor Interviews, Tutor Inductions and Tutor Training Schemes
- Keeping shared contacts on Google drive up to date
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Good numeracy and written English
- Experience in an education working environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Pro-active, kind and helpful manner
- HR/recruitment/teacher training experience
- An interest in the arts