We are looking to recruit a Course Leader, based in one of our small educational provisions in East London (maximum class size 10-15 students). The Course Leader will lead a small group of students and tutors, delivering a minimum of 10 teaching sessions a week. You will be the lead teacher in English Language but you will also be required to also assist in other subjects.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing and monitoring the schemes of work and lesson plans across the course in collaboration with other Senior members of staff.
- Creating a scheme of work and lesson plans for your subject
- Writing your own reports and collating the other reports from all subject leaders- checking that all grades correspond
- Assessing and documenting students progress in line with the campus policy
- Attending meetings with senior management when required
- Attending meetings with teachers when required
- In charge of Pastoral care of your students, including day-to-day discipline sanctions and rewards
- Liaising with parents when needed
- Attending student review meetings with parents
- Covering teachers’ lessons when needed
- Instructing and guiding any teaching assistants that work in the classroom with you
Experience in deescalation and behaviour techniques would be an advantage, as many of our students have difficulty working in groups.
The working hours are based on 09.00-17.00 weekdays (term-time only), with planning, preparation, reports and completion of some documents taking place outside of these hours. It is expected that the Course Leader will be available at the centre from 09.00-16.00 each day and sometimes later when required for meetings.
This is a full time contract for 40 weeks, which take place between September 2014 and July 2015.
If you would like to apply then please download and complete our Course Leader Application Form and send to email@example.com. A full job description can also be found here - Course Leader Job description.